General Conditions of Passenger Carriage
For flight safety reasons Alexandria airlines may refuse carriage or onward carriage of any unruly passengers and/or those who appear by manner or physical indications, to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
The Management of Alexandria airlines has identified the requirement for a company policy on this issue. This manual contains our policy and procedures on how to deal with a person identified as a potential or actual disruptive passenger.
Prevention of a disturbance is the main aim and should be the concern of all staffs that come in contact with our passengers. The policy for handling of unruly passengers can only effectively be implemented if all staffs are fully aware of their responsibilities and are provided with the necessary tools to enable them to carry out their responsibilities.
Extreme misbehavior by unruly/disruptive passengers, often called air rage or sky rage, can lead to some tense moments in the air and may even put crew members and passengers at risk. Air Rage however is a recent development. The factors, which contribute towards these incidents, are varied; however they are all linked to the modern stresses of life.
This policy includes details of procedures to be implemented when dealing with persons identified as potential or actual disruptive/unruly passengers. As every case is different, these procedures are considered basic guidelines for such cases.
The Accountable Manager assures all staff of his full backing and support when they are required to use their authority to implement this policy. This includes legal advice and representation, paid absence to appear in court-related criminal proceedings as well as medical and psychological assistance when necessary.
Alexandria airlines may refuse carriage or onward carriage of any passenger for the following reasons:
- A passenger whose refusal of carriage is necessary for safety reasons.
- A passenger who is not in conformity with the passport, visa, health or customs regulations of the countries of transit, destination and origin.
- A passenger whose ticket presented:
- has been reported as being lost or stolen or counterfeit , or
- any flight coupon has been altered by anyone other than Alexandria airlines or its authorized agent, or has been mutilated, Alexandria airlines reserves the right to retain such ticket, or
- cannot prove that it belongs to the person named in the "Name of Passenger" box, and carrier reserves the right to retain such ticket.
- The passenger's conduct, age, or mental or physical state is such as to:
- require special assistance of carrier, or
- cause discomfort or make himself or herself objectionable to other passengers,
- involve any hazard or risk to himself or herself or to the other persons or to property.
- Passengers who show visible signs of disease and who, by their appearance, behavior or kind of nursing required, are likely to cause distress to other passengers.
- Passengers requiring individual nursing or care during the flight and who are not accompanied by attendants.
- Persons obviously under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or narcotics.
- The passenger has failed to observe the instructions of the carrier.
- The passenger has refused to submit to a security check.
- The passenger's applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable have not been paid, or credit arrangements agreed between Carrier and the passenger (or the person paying for the ticket) have not been complied with.
- The passenger does not appear to be properly documented, or When the passenger is seeking to enter a country through which he or she is in transit, or in most cases, the decision, whether a passenger falls within any of the above categories, and whether he should be accepted or not, would rest on the correct judgment of the Traffic manager and his correct interpretation of these rules.
- Passenger Not holding PCR test.
- Passenger holding positive PCR test.
Cabin baggage is baggage that is carried and stowed in the cabin under the passengers control and custody. It is commonly referred to as carry-on baggage or unchecked baggage
Alexandria airlines shall establish a control over carry-on baggage in order to facilitate passenger flow through security check-points, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers in flight, and facilitate on–time departures.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
One piece of Carry-on baggage is allowed in the cabin; it shall be of a size, weight and shape to fit under a passenger seat or in an enclosed storage compartment;
- Of maximum dimensions of (9X16X20in) or (23X41X51cm) however, the sum of the three dimensions shall not exceed (45 inches) (115 cm).
- Maximum weight shall not exceed 7 KGs.
These dimensions include wheels, handles, side pockets, etc. Any item exceeding these dimensions may not be accepted as carry-on baggage.
Types of Cabin Baggage
Cabin Baggage includes:
- Cabin baggage carried within Alexandria airlines free carry-on baggage allowance.
- Free carry-on items permitted byAlexandria airlines in addition to the standard (e.g. Umbrella or walking stick, laptop, infant carrying basket)
- Special items permitted by Alexandria airlines that may require prior arrangement, notification and/or specialized screening requirements or additional charges ( e.g. urns containing human remains, pets in cabin)
- Items of dangerous goods permitted in passenger baggage that required prior approval by Alexandria airlines (see current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR)
Cabin Baggage cannot be accepted if
- Is unsuitable for air carriage due to its weight , size or nature
- Cannot fit under the seat or be stowed in the overhead compartment
- Is unsuitable packed.
- Certain items, because of their weights, size or nature are only accepted with the approval of Alexandria airlines
- For Safety reasons, all knives, sharp objects or cutting implements of any kind and of any length, whether of metal or other material and some sporting goods must be
packed in checked baggage.
They cannot be carried in the cabin baggage or on the passenger. These items include (but are not limited to) knives (including household cutlery) and knife-like objects, box cutters, corkscrew, straight razors, metal nail files, scissors of any kind and of any length, dangerous goods (hazardous materials (unless approved)), tradesmen’s tools, hypodermic needles (unless required for medical reasons), knitting needles, other sharp pointed/penetrating objects and sporting goods such as bats, bows and arrows, cues, darts, golf clubs and sling shots (catapults), material arts devices, real/toy/replica weapons (whether plastic or metal). Furthermore, liquids, gels and powder may be taken in small quantities (max 100ml). medicine & baby food required during the flight need not to be in a plastic bag.
All above items must be presented at the security check
Definition and General Terms
Checked baggage is baggage for which Alexandria airlines takes custody and issues a baggage check.
(a) Checked baggage is carried in the hold of the aircraft on which the passenger is travelling.
(b) Alexandria airlines may refuse to carry checked baggage which is inadequately packed or
unsuitable for air carriage due to its weight, size or nature.
Checked Baggage Allowances
Passengers are entitled to a pre-determined checked baggage allowance which can vary based on the fare paid, passenger category, routing, group status or class
There are two standard checked baggage allowance concepts:
- Weight Concept: Measured by the total weight of checked baggage (show as
weight amount on ticket e.g. 23 KGs (51lb) on charter flights and 30 KGs (66 lb.)
on regular flights.
- Piece Concept: Measured by the number of pieces of checked baggage
Baggage Allowance Rules
Alexandria airlines checked luggage policy is based on the piece concept on all Alexandria Airlines destinations
Two pieces, the weight of each is up to 32Kg. The sum of the 3 dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm/ 62 inches
Two pieces, the weight of each is up to 23Kg. The sum of the 3 dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm/ 62 inches
One piece with a maximum weight of 10 kg/ 22 lbs., the sum of the 3 dimensions must not exceed 115 cm/45 inches, and a carry-on fully-collapsible child stroller/push-chair, or infant carrying basket or infant car seat, which may be carried in the passenger cabin subject to the availability of space.
The same baggage allowance as passengers paying full adult fare.
Pooling Of Baggage
Where two or more passengers, travelling as one party to a common destination or point of stopover by the same flight, whether or not in the same class, present themselves and their baggage for travel at the same time and place, they will be permitted a total free baggage allowance equal to the combination of their individual free baggage allowances.
To comply with passenger and baggage reconciliation requirements, each passenger of a non-family group should be given their own individual baggage claim checks. Therefore, individuals are not allowed for baggage pooling except for family members travelling together & groups providing that each passenger is given his baggage claim check tag.
On Head of the group's ticket enter total ticket checked pieces and weight when applicable. For the entire group, enter “PL” and the total number of pooling baggage, at the base of "Endorsement Restrictions" box.
Enter “PL” and the last two digits of the serial number of the group head's ticket, in the “Checked Pieces / Weight” boxes, on the tickets of the other passengers pooling baggage.
Excess checked baggage fees per kilogram or piece or special items are generally applied at the time of checked baggage acceptance.
Baggage carried in excess of the free baggage allowance is charged according to the destination.
The Excess Baggage Charge per kilogram is decided and distributed by the Commercial Department.
Excess baggage ticket is a receipt from Alexandria airlines to the passenger for payment of charges on baggage.
The Excess Baggage Ticket is used for the following purposes:
- When the total baggage weight is more than the free allowance, it is a receipt for the excess baggage charges paid.
- When the excess value charge is payable, even though, the total weight may be within the free allowance, the ticket is a receipt for excess value charges.
- When excess baggage weight and excess value charges are both involved, the ticket serve as a receipt for both charges.
The Excess Baggage ticket may be issued to cover all excess charges for all sectors of the passenger's itinerary when the journey is confined to one class of travel throughout. Provided there is no en-route transfer to another service or carrier.
Bulky and Oversized Baggage
Baggage is bulky/ oversized as defined by the operator policy and/or its weight exceeds 32KG / 70 lbs.
Maximum Single Item Weight
Alexandria Airlines will determine a maximum single item weight for checked baggage taking into account:
(a) Any local legislation or health and safety requirements.
(b) Any other applicable limits for transfer baggage.
Specific rules may apply for: AVIH, WCH, musical instruments and large sports
Wheelchairs and Mobility Aids
In order to prevent damage to aircraft and to ensure flight safety, power driven wheelchairs or mobility aids may be carried as checked baggage on passenger aircraft with the approval of the carrier(s) provided Wheelchairs or other battery-powered mobility aids powered by non-spillable wet batteries or dry batteries as specified in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR).
Battery-powered wheelchair or other similar mobility aid for use by passengers whose mobility is restricted by either a disability, their health or age, or a temporary mobility problem (e.g. broken leg), with non-spillable wet batteries or with batteries which comply with special provision, these batteries must meet the following requirements:
- The mobility aid must be prepared for transport to prevent:
- Unintentional activation; and
- Non-spellable batteries are not permitted to contain any free or unabsorbed liquid.
- Alexandria Airlines must secure, by use of strap, tie-downs or other restraints devices, a battery
powered mobility aid with installed batteries. The mobility aid, the batteries, electrical
caballing and controls must be protected from damage including by the movement of
baggage, mail or cargo.
- Alexandria Airlines must verify that:
- The passenger has confirmed that the battery is a non-spellable wet battery that
complies with special provision of IATA DGR manual.
- The battery terminals are protected from short circuit, e.g. by being enclosed with a
- The battery is either:
- Securely attached to the wheelchair or mobility aid and the electrical circuits are
isolated following the manufacturer instructions. Or;
- Removed by the user, if the mobility aid is specifically designed to allow it to be,
following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A passenger may carry a maximum of one spare battery.
- 5. Alexandria Airlines must ensure that any batteries removed from the wheelchair/mobility aid or spare
batteries carried in the cargo compartment.
- Alexandria Airlines must inform the PIC of the location of mobility aids with installed batteries, removed
batteries and spare batteries.
- It is recommended that passengers make advance arrangement with Alexandria Airlines.
Pets in cabin (PET)
As a general rule, Alexandria Airlines does not carry live animals in cabin unless authorized by Alexandria Airlines management where special arrangements are carried in advance,
The carriage of pets is only permitted in Economy Class (Y/C) Cabins and is subject to the following conditions:
- The weight of the animal and crate (or pouch) must not exceed 7 kgs/15lbs.
- The flying hours of the requested flight does not exceed 5 hours.
- The number of pets on each flight must not exceed two: one in the FWD section and
the other in the AFT section of the Y/C cabin.
- The container (or pouch) dimensions must not exceed the under-seat stowage area (40 X 50 X 26 CMs).
- The reservation must be arranged at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time and an approval is required from Alexandria Airlines ground operations department.
- Carriage of pets is not allowed in the First Class Compartment;
- The reservation is arranged at least 48 hours prior to scheduled flight departure time.
Services to be Rendered to Delayed Passengers
- a) for two hours or more : refreshment shall be offered to Passengers
- b) for three hours or more: refreshment with MEAL shall be offer to passengers
- c) for four hours or more in the case of all flights not falling under (a) or (b), passengers shall be offered free of charge meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time.
- d) When the reasonably expected time of departure is at least the day after the time
of departure previously announced, passengers will be offered.
- e) Hotel accommodation in cases where a stay of one night becomes necessary.
Transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel).